Fun “Mommy Blogger” Mom on the Go in Holy Toledo presented me with the Versatile Blogger Award! That was so sweet of her to give me a shout out on her blog and I am so happy I can return the favor!
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award…
1. Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Now here are 7 random things about me….
1. I studied abroad my junior year at Ohio University. I was one of four E.W. Scripps School of Journalism students selected to study journalism abroad. I spent Fall Quarter 1999 at the University of Wales in Cardiff, Wales.
2. Every time I go to a Broadway show, I wish I was up there performing with the cast. If I could only sing and dance! I feel the same way when I watch Glee!
3. I was editor of my high school newspaper and was named West Virginia High School Journalist of the Year. Here’s what I looked like back then! (pictures with my friend Jennifer who is still one of my bff’s)
Look at my bangs! Can you say “Coal Miner’s Daughter”?!! haha I was so afraid to get rid of my bangs back then. They were my security blanket!
4. My husband just finished his second full term as Mayor of Parma, Ohio at the end of 2011. It was a challenge, at times, while I was still reporting at Fox 8, because I had to recuse myself from covering stories in Parma, even basic breaking news. Management at my station also wouldn’t allow me to cover state or national elections anymore because of my husband’s elected position. That was VERY difficult for me.
5. My first name is actually Tara, after my mom, though I’ve never been called Tara. Kathleen is my middle name.
6. My husband and I honeymooned in Italy for 12 days and it was amazing! My favorite part was the Almalfi Coast and the City of Positano!
7. I never, in a million years, thought I would be a stay-at-home mom, but now that I’ve done it, I can’t imagine not spending all day with my son.
Now to pass on the Versatile Blogger Award!
Lady Plus Baby
This was fun to write and I hope you enjoyed my interesting/embarrassing random facts! I hope your week is off to a great start!